11/02/2008

SACRED and CONTROLLED LAND


Tomorrow will be a week from the day I started my journey to Israel.

I settled in Jerusalem after some serious troubles with the security of the aircraft company I was flying with from P to Tel Aviv. They saw that I had a Palestine scarf in my luggage, but it was okay after some intensive questions. I was just managed to get in to the plane when one security dude picks me up and ask me to step OFF the plane. I try to be polite and I follow the man outside from the plane. Outside in the hangar there is a head of the security holding one of my books. It’s a comic book about Palestine by Joe Sacco. “What is this?” “It’s a comic book.” “What is your agenda in Israel?...plaah plaah plaah…I think you are lying…We can’t let you go in the airplane…You are a threat to Israel….plaah…plaah…” After some 20 minutes, and few calls I finally am let to go back to plane.



Jerusalem is like a museum. How should one behave in an exhibition space?


No comments: